Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Three Mild Temptations

Glancing at the Collected Editions Library release schedule, I don't see an awful lot of collected editions coming out this week that are must-haves. Actually, I don't see any, which is good, since I'm pretty backlogged right now. But I could be persuaded to take a look at these three:


Superman vs. Zod is a pretty safe buy and this week's biggest temptation. Reason #1: I've been a big Zod fan ever since I saw Terence Stamp play the character in the first two Christopher Reeve Superman movies. He's one bad dude. Reason #2: Ten bucks. Although most of these stories are from the 80s, one of them is a Geoff Johns story from 2007.


All-New X-Men Vol. 1: Yesterday's X-Men has an interesting premise: the original X-Men from the 60s (the ones I grew up with) have been brought into the present. I'm not the biggest Brian Michael Bendis fan, so I'll probably wait to see if the library buys this one. 


Star Trek: The Visual Dictionary isn't a graphic novel, but it's graphic novel-related, sort of. This volume weighs in at a slim 96 pages, but it's a DK book, so you know it's going to look great. This might be a lot of fun for someone like me who mainly knows only TOS and TNG. I'll borrow it from the library before it gets too abused.  

So.... Let me know what you're looking forward to this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment