Wednesday, June 25, 2014

It's Wednesday... 6/25/14

Full disclosure: I’m getting ready to buy a new computer, so I probably won’t be hitting my favorite comic shop in the world, Third Eye Comics, for a few weeks, but if I were to somehow accidentally wind up there, and if dollars started falling from the sky, here’s what I’d be picking up:


The Mercenary Sea #5
I loved the first issue of this title and have been debating whether to buy it in individual issues or just wait for the trade. If you haven’t read it, this is simply a great adventure in the vein of Jonny Quest (only without kids) with wonderful artwork by Mathew Reynolds. 


Mind MGMT #23
Matt Kindt is simply amazing. This is another series I began buying as individuals issues, then waited for the trades, but since Kindt adds so many extras to the floppies (extras which never make it into the collected editions), I might just start picking the single issues up again. Haven’t read Mind MGMT? If you like spy stories, adventure, suspense, action, or just good stories (and who doesn’t?), pick up Mind MGMT


Rachel Rising #23
I do buy Rachel Rising, but usually only in collected editions. If you like horror and you’re not reading this title, you should correct that oversight immediately. 


As far as trade/collected editions go, the only thing that really grabs me this week is Brian Wood’s The Massive, Vol. 3: Longship. While Vol. 1: Black Pacific was an exceptional introduction to the world of The Massive, Vol. 2: Subcontinental was a largely disappointing venture with a revolving door of artists. I have high hopes, however, for Longship


Be sure to tell me what you plan to pick up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment