Wednesday, July 23, 2014

It's Wednesday... 7/23/14



In case you haven’t heard, it’s International Batman Day everywhere, and for me locally, at Third Eye Comics in Annapolis, MD. You don’t have to be in Gotham City to celebrate, so please enjoy Batman Day wherever you are!

While you’re celebrating, go to your local comic shop and check out these new releases:


Supreme Blue Rose #1 
Derek and I recently recorded our thoughts on this new Image title, so look for that episode over at The Comics Alternative later today. 

 

We also discussed two new Doctor Who titles featuring the tenth and eleventh doctors. Derek and I came at these titles from different backgrounds, so check out the podcast and see what you think. 


From everything I’ve heard, Afterlife with Archie #6 - which starts a new story arc - shows no signs of anything close to a dip in quality from creators Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Francesco Francavilla. These guys are incredible!


While I was on vacation last week, I read all three Saga trade paperbacks and was just knocked on my tookus. I don’t know if I can wait until the next collected edition, so I might just start picking up the single issues (although I suspect this is one of those titles better read in trades). Saga #21 comes out today. 


Next week, Derek and I will be discussing the rerelease of David Lapham’s 2000 graphic novel Murder Me Dead, a “harrowing tale of love and murder” that I’m looking forward to reading. 


Be sure to tell me what you plan to pick up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment