Wednesday, November 19, 2014

It's Wednesday... 11/19/14

November 19, 2014

Just one single issue today:


Intersect #1 (Image) 
Story and Art: Ray Fawkes

The official description from Image: 

“Blood rains from the skies. A hypnotic voice trills over the airwaves as bodies shift and grow in horrifying new directions. Are you ready for the new world? RAY FAWKES, acclaimed creator of One Soul and writer of Constantine and Batman: Eternal, launches a terrifying monthly odyssey of madness and warped flesh in this lush, fully painted debut issue!”

I’ve certainly enjoyed Fawkes’s previous work and look forward to this new ongoing horror title. If you’re in the Annapolis, MD area and would like to meet Fawkes, he’ll be at Third Eye Comics on December 13, 2014 


Saga Deluxe Edition Volume 1 (Image)
Story: Brian K. Vaughan
Art: Fiona Staples

The Big Kahuna of the week - maybe even the year - is the much-anticipated hardcover deluxe edition of Saga, covering the first 18 issues (or three trade paperbacks) of one of the most imaginative comics I’ve read in years. It’s definitely not for kids, but Saga is a true wonder of imagination and storytelling. There’s a reason it just keeps winning award after award. 


Mind MGMT Volume 4: The Magician (Dark Horse)
Story and Art: Matt Kindt

I know you’re tired of hearing it, but along with The Massive, Mind MGMT is the best title being produced in comics today. Seriously. Get on that. This volume also features my favorite comics cover of 2014. (Hey Matt - Any chance we'll be able to buy prints of that cover?)


Cerebus Volume 1 Remastered (Aardvark Vanaheim)
Story and Art: Dave Sim

I’m not sure if I’m ready for the long commitment that is Cerebus in its multitude of volumes (6,000 pages running from 1977 to 2004) , but I know that at some point I should at least attempt this important series. (I've heard that High Society - the second volume in the series - is a better place to start.) Interlibrary loan may be my best course of action...


That’s it for me. How about you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment